*PAID OFF $148K IN STUDENT LOAN DEBT ON 04/05/2019
Total Investment goal: 1,200,000. HECK YEAH!
If you are new to the FIRE movement, then we are super excited to be the ones explaining how this stuff works! First of all, let’s get a few things straight:
- You can retire before 65.
- Math is not that hard.
- Anyone can invest.
Ok, now this out of the way, let’s get to the basics..
complete debt elimination
Goals for this year:
- A complete elimination of the student loan debt! Freedom clock starts this year!
- Start Travel Reward Hacking!
- Purchase first VTSAX
- “No vacations” year.
- No more private schools! Our son starts attending an excellent public school. Everyone is happy.
- In October discover the FIRE movement after reading THIS ARTICLE. Welcome to the Fi Club.
Payments made: $22,072.34*
*payments made using commissions, holiday bonuses and savings
Payments made: $1,840.35*
“Lean quarter” – minimum payments only. Saving money to pay off Emergency Debt ($23,000)
Payments made: $9,848.84
Blah..running low on motivation
Payments made: $27,859.57
Discovered FIRE! Everything – bonuses, savings go towards the debt!
- Discover Dave Ramsey; begin Financial Peace University in February.
- Start budgeting using a free EveryDollar app.
- Pay off all consumer cards and medical bills.
- Old habits still linger – our son attends private school, we take a family vacation and purchase a brand new piano.
- Total “damage” from unnecessary expenses in 2017 is: $28,500.